We’ve picked some of the Best Running Events in the State for our 2023 Georgia Race Calendar.
A Best Atlanta Race, B Best Race in Georgia, C Something to Complete Your Options like the Savannah Sultry Swamp Run in July, and D for Difficult!
Sure it’s cold. But with the right gear it’s still a great time to go out for a run! Read about these red hot races in our January 2023 post:
If you like marathons, you’re going to Love our Top Picks from the Georgia Running Events Calendar in our February 2023 post!
Hey Georgia! Our March post about the Best Running Events has everything from the fastest marathon in Georgia to Ultra Marathon Distance options:
- A (Atlanta) — Jeff Galloway Half Marathon
Rating: Midtown Run 13.1 5k Kids Run
- B (Best) — Albany Marathon
Rating: Fastest Marathon in Georgia 26.2 and 13.1
- C (Complete) — Georgia Yeti NIGHTmare
Rating: Night Time Trail Run 10 and 5 Mile
- D (Difficult) — Georgia Costal Greenway Ultra
Rating: Friday Start 100 and 155 Mile Options
No Fooling. Our April 2023 post has everything from Big City Streets to lonely Country Roads to Absolutely Flat-out Crazy:
Our May post talks about everything from moonshiner jugs to Madison in May on our 2023 Georgia running events calendar:
We try to offer you a range of different running events each month and our June post about the 2023 Georgia race calendar events is no exception:.
They may call the Big City Hotlanta, but we talk about four really cool running events from the Georgia race calendar in our July post.
- A (Atlanta) – Atlanta Peachtree Road Race
Rating: This Atlanta Race is the World’s Largest 10k
- B (Best) – Big Dog Heatwave 5 Miler in Columbus
Rating: Point to Point 5k
- C (Complete) – Savannah Sultry Swamp Run
Rating: Hot & Humid 20k, 10k, 5k
- D (Difficult) – Red Top Roaster near Cartersville
Rating: Trail Run 15k, 5k
Dog Days are tough times to run down south in Dixie, but our August Post about Georgia running events has something for everyone:
We’re kicking off football season by covering some really interesting events in our September post from the Georgia race calendar:
- A (Atlanta) –Kaiser Permanente Run Walk Roll
Rating: Corporate 5k
- B (Best) – Macon Labor Day Road Race
Rating: Best Race in Georgia is a Fast 5k, Harder 10k
- C (Complete) – Carrollton Half Marathon
Rating: Hilly 13.1
- D (Difficult) – Twisted Ankle Trail Race in Summerville
Rating: Challenging 13.1, 10k 5k
It’s Fall Ya’ll, and you’ll love the sweet treats we’re recommending for you in our October post about the best Georgia running events:
Last year we counted 30 something Thanksgiving Day races, so Atlanta ain’t the only one we’ll be talking about in our November post:
- A (Atlanta) – Cabbagetown Chomp and Stomp
Rating: Best Atlanta Race is a Local Intown Favorite 5k
- B (Best) – Atlanta Thanksgiving Half Marathon
Rating: Best Race in Georgia is a Big City 13.1 5k
- C (Complete) – Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon in Lafayette Rating: Flat 26.2, 13.1
- D (Difficult) – Ranger Run Half Marathon in Dahlonega
- Rating: R U Serious 13.1
We’ve delivered again with some special races from the Georgia Running Events Calendar in our December post . And from all of us, Merry Christmas Ya’ll:
- A (Atlanta) – Atlanta Westside 10
Rating: Best Atlanta Race is a Beer Run 10m 10k
- B (Best) – Savannah Bridge Run
Rating: Tough to Repeat 15k, 10k, 5k
- C (Complete) – Harmony Half Marathon in Monroe
Rating: Flat and Fast 13.1 5k
- D (Difficult) – Rising Fawn Cloudland Canyon
Rating: Tough 50m Ultra, 50K, 13.1 Half Marthon Trail Race
We’ll update these 2022 links as our new 2023 posts are completed generally around the end of each month.
Look for our updated Georgia Running Events Calendar 2024 as we get closer to the end of the year!